Larry Jaeger is an experienced Dermatologist and founder of Advanced Dermatology Associates in New York. He has a successful treated patients suffering from eczema for over twenty-five years: “Best Soaps Eczema Relief”.
Best Soaps Eczema Relief…
- Liquid cleansers are much less damaging to the skin and several types of liquid cleansers are on the market.
- Studies have shown that emollient-rich cleansers dry the skin out the least and add moisture to the skin.
Larry Jaeger lists some of the best soaps available for patients suffering from eczema relief or treatment.
The following cleansers are all emollient-rich.
They are not presented in any order of preference. The deciding factor for trying one cleanser over the other might be price, smell, or feel.
- Dove Delicate Cream Oil Body Wash:
- Most of the Dove® body wash products contain sunflower oil and soybean oil as the emollient. The Delicate Cream Oil contains the same ingredients as the Ultra Rich Cream Oil.
- Dove Pro Age Body Wash
- The ingredients in this cleanser are the same as the other Dove cleansers listed here. The Pro-Age line is marketed towards “mature women” but anyone can use this cleanser.
- Olay Age Defying Body Wash
- The Olay® products contain petroleum as the emollient. Petroleum is reported to stay on the skin and moisturize for up to 24 hours.
- Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter
- The amount of shea butter is fairly small. It’s probably just enough to make it smell differently than the other emollient-rich cleansers.
- Olay Body Wash plus Body Butter Ribbons
- The butter in the butter ribbons is JoJoba Butter and it’s far enough down on the ingredient list that it is mainly contributing to the feel of the cleanser, not to its moisturizing effect. That’s not a problem though because a good feel is important when choosing a cleanser.
Larry Jaeger of New York is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions and is board certified in dermatology and dermatologic surgery: Best Soaps Eczema Relief.